Hate & Bias Resources
If you are visiting this page, you or someone you know is likely hurting after experiencing a bias or hate incident on campus. That should never be part of the Wisconsin Experience and we want address the issue and provide you with resources you might need.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison values a diverse community where all members are able to participate fully in the Wisconsin Experience. Incidents of bias or hate affecting a person or group create a hostile climate and negatively impact the quality of the Wisconsin Experience for community members. UW-Madison takes such incidents seriously and will investigate and respond to reported or observed incidents of bias.
If an emergency has occurred, please call 911.
Our online reporting form is secure and confidential. You can also report an incident in-person at any of these offices:
- Multicultural Student Center, 2nd Floor Red Gym*
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Campus Center, 123 Red Gym
- Dean of Students Office, 70 Bascom Hall
- International Student Services, 217 Red Gym
- McBurney Disability Resource Center, 702 W. Johnson Street, Suite 2104
- Residence Life/University Apartments*, Main office in Slichter Hall or any House Fellow
- Center for the First-Year Experience, 101 Ingraham Hall
- Center for Leadership and Involvement, 3rd Floor Red Gym
- Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards, 70 Bascom Hall
- Veteran Services & Military Assistance Center, 333 East Campus Mall, Suite 10301
(* denotes offices that may have staff available after normal business hours)
Reflection & Prayer Spaces
Due to an existing demand on reflection spaces on campus, ASM Equity & Inclusion Committee has listed some spaces on campus that can be used by the UW-Madison community for meditation, prayers, and/or other suitable practices.
Each space is operated by building managers on the respective buildings. We try our best to keep the map updated, however, if there is any changes that we should be aware of, please kindly reach out to the Equity and Inclusion Committee chair via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If there are any other spaces on campus that you are aware of, and is not listed in the map yet, please let us know too!